February 6, 2010

Febuary 6th Tournament Report

So I took Standard Beatdown to locals this week, just to test it out.

I also met up with teammates/遊戯王 後輩 Rau and Gambitto, who were in town. Great re-connecting with them. They also joined the tournament.

Cossy card used: Testing tournament use Card.

Deck used: Trying out Standard Beatdown

Round 1: Person from Locals
Deck: Zombies?
OO

Too weak. No other comments

Round 2: DiceK
Deck: Dimension Eatos
OXO

Game 1:
Removal, removal removal. Fissure at 3 is Awesome.
Game 2:
Hurricane, Triple Eatos, Another Neos, Game.
Game 3:
Opponent's draws were ridiculously bad.
And I think I saw a tragoedia get dropped somewhere.
Lucked out of this game.

Round 3: Gambitto
OO

Both Games:
His deck hasnt changed since summer, his playing hasnt changed since summer, and all his plays are still ridiculously readable.
That being said he still plays a hard fight.

Other comments: Hes changed a lot in 6 months, in almost every matter other than Yugioh.

Round 4: Rau
XOO

Deck: Junk and Debris w/ Lightlords

Game 1: For some reason I drew ridiculously bad hands. 2 Gemini Spark, no Evoltecher, Storm, Hurricane, and Cyclone opening... Great, except I'm playing against a deck with next to no backrow. My only monster got hit by Trap Dustshoot. The rest decided it would be a GREAT idea to be milled by Chain Dragon

Game 2:
Raiou Opening, negate 1 summon, summon another, negate another synchro, summon a last one, get destroyed, but be brought back by Living Dead to stop another synchro. A good flow of 1900s and game.

Game 3:
Gemini Spark is awesome to destroy Junk Synchron and Debris Dragon.

Overall comments: This is my first time playing Junk and Debris w/ Lightlords, but I found it quite easy to predict and read.


Round 5: Someone who used to come to this locals but just got back from College so I've never seen before #1
Deck: Lightlords
OO

Games 1, 2, 3:
Summon 1900 Beatstick of your choice. Apply pressure, constantly attack, and before you realize it the enemy is at 0.


So apparently that was finals before I realized.

Prize: Tournament Packs...
As usual, I kept all of them because they tend to sell for around 300-400 yen after theyre out of print.


After the tournament:
The 4(Wait 4?) of us went to Starbucks and played, discussed Yugioh related and college related stuff.

I faced off against Devil Guy Beat, which I found interesting. Ill post up an analysis tomorrow, of what makes it work.

+ Other random "daytime activities" to fill up the rest of the day.


Thats all for today.

G-Ray Out.

1 comment:

  1. LOL at the description about gambitto , nice 1 , i think his hair 'thicken' a lot >.<

    ReplyDelete